POSTED IN ARTICLES ON THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 1, 2018
Veridian awards $86,000 in grant funding across Iowa, Nebraska
Veridian has awarded 22 organizations across Iowa and eastern Nebraska a total of $86,000 for our 2018 grant funding cycle. Recipients include organizations that address barriers to financial stability by helping individuals improve financial literacy or achieve self-sufficiency.
“Financial literacy is vital to building vibrant communities and strong local economies,” said Angela Weekley, Veridian’s Manager of Community Inclusion. “We’re grateful to the organizations that are making these efforts a priority, and it’s our honor to help support their work.”
Recipients of Veridian’s 2018 grant funding include:
- Beacon of Life
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Midlands
- Catherine McAuley Center
- Cedar Valley Friends of the Family
- Children & Families of Iowa
- Easter Seals Iowa
- Family Housing Advisory Services, Inc.
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Hawthorn Hill
- Heartland Family Service
- Horizons: A Family Service Alliance
- Inside Out Reentry
- Junior Achievement of Central Iowa
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa
- Lutheran Services of Iowa
- Mid-Iowa Community Action
- Oakridge Neighborhood Services
- Operation Threshold, Inc.
- The Job Foundation
- The Larrabee Center
- The Salvation Army
- Wildwood Hills Ranch of Iowa
Veridian partners with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) to distribute the Veridian Credit Union Fund. This fund provides financial support to all Veridian grant recipients. For more information, including details on how to apply for 2019 funding, visit veridiancu.org or call Tom Wickersham at CFNEIA at (319) 287-9106.