Successful Financial Future Grants
POSTED IN ARTICLES ON THURSDAY, DECEMBER 9, 2021
Veridian awards $70,000 in grants to 22 organizations across Iowa and eastern Nebraska
Veridian has awarded $70,000 in grants to 22 organizations across Iowa and eastern Nebraska. The credit union awards Successful Financial Future Grants of up to $5,000 annually. Grants are awarded for general operating expenses of nonprofit organizations who address barriers to financial stability through financial literacy and employment readiness.
“Financial literacy and employment readiness are vital to creating a successful financial future,” said Angela Weekley, Veridian’s community inclusion manager. “It’s important for us to support organizations who are offering those tools in our communities.”
Recent recipients of Veridian's Successful Financial Future Grants include:
- 43 North Iowa
- Able Up Iowa
- Catherine McAuley Center
- The Diversity Service Center of Iowa
- Easter Seals Iowa
- Exceptional Persons, Inc.
- Friends of the Family
- Greater Des Moines Habitat for Humanity
- Habitat for Humanity of Omaha
- Hawthorn Hill
- House of Hope
- Inside Out Reentry
- The Job Foundation
- Junior Achievement of Central Iowa
- Junior Achievement of Eastern Iowa
- Junior Achievement of Lincoln
- Junior Achievement of the Midlands
- The Larrabee Center, Inc.
- Lutheran Services in Iowa
- Oakridge Neighborhood Services
- Operation Threshold, Inc.
- Willis Dady Emergency Shelter, Inc.
Veridian partners with the Community Foundation of Northeast Iowa (CFNEIA) to distribute Successful Financial Future Grants from the Veridian Credit Union Fund.