POSTED IN ARTICLES ON SATURDAY, APRIL 21, 2018
Veridian announces board election results at 2018 Annual Meeting.
Veridian members elected five directors to the credit union's 15-seat board at the financial cooperative’s 84th annual meeting on Saturday, April 21. Votes were cast online from March 22 through April 18 and in person at the meeting. Directors serve three-year terms as unpaid volunteers to oversee strategic planning and general policy setting in the interest of their fellow members.
“The democratic election of our board is fundamental to the credit union difference,” said Veridian’s President and CEO Monte Berg. “It helps ensure decisions at the highest level are made in our members’ interest. Directors serve as unpaid volunteers, and we’re grateful for their selfless leadership.”
Veridian's board also assigned directors to its executive committee. Assignments include:
- Board Chair: Nick Waters of Johnston, Iowa
- Treasurer: Creston L. Van Wey of Dewar, Iowa
- First Vice Chair: Elizabeth Caven of Minnetonka, Minnesota
- Second Vice Chair: James Kacher of Waterloo, Iowa
- Secretary: Ginger Shirley of Waterloo, Iowa