Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, the Teller Service Representative is responsible for providing superior member service by conducting transactions accurately, assisting members with their financial goals, and promoting Veridian products and services.
- Conduct member transactions including: loan payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, etc.
- Complete member requests such as opening certificates of deposit, processing wire transfers, ordering and blocking plastic cards, ordering checks, researching account information, etc.
- Actively cross-sell credit union services by providing information to current, new and potential members.
- Actively refer members to appropriate position and/or department within all Veridian Companies.
- Maintain necessary departmental files, updating member information as required.
- Prepare and maintain reports as required.
- Reconcile cash drawer every shift.
- Maintains member confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Occasionally lift and/or move items over 10 pounds.
- Remain sedentary (seated) for extended periods of time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Limited travel expected.
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 1+ year of related work experience, preferably in a financial institution.
- Math and clerical aptitude.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply Now