Veridian is celebrating Giving Tuesday with $35,000 in donations to six nonprofit organizations across Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota. Recipient organizations were nominated by the public for our Veridian Gives Back for Giving Tuesday campaign and drawn at random to receive the donations.
“We wanted the selection of our Giving Tuesday donation recipients to include input from our members and communities,” said Areli Solorio, Veridian Public Relations Strategist. “We also hope it prompts a reminder about this important day and helps more of us start thinking about what we can do individually to participate.”
One organization in each of Veridian’s five market areas is receiving a $5,000 donation. Recipients in each area include:
- Cedar Falls/Waterloo – YWCA of Black Hawk County
- Cedar Rapids/Iowa City – Hawkeye Area Community Action Program
- Des Moines area – Urban Bicycle Food Ministry
- Omaha/Council Bluffs – ReConnect, Inc.
- Twin Cities area – Onward Eden Prairie
One additional organization was also drawn from our full geographic field of membership to receive a $10,000 donation. That recipient is:
- Iowa Giving Crew, serving Cedar Rapids, Dubuque, Iowa City and Waterloo
Happy Giving Tuesday, and congratulations to all of our recipient organizations! Thank you to everyone who nominated their favorite nonprofit for a chance to receive a donation, and to all the organizations who work to strengthen the communities we share every day.