Update: Veridian's Coronavirus Response
POSTED IN ARTICLES ON TUESDAY, MARCH 24, 2020
We've elevated our response. Here's an update on what we're doing and what you can do.
Nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our employees, members and communities. In an effort to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Veridian branches located inside Hy-Vee stores closed at 5:00 p.m. on March 17 until further notice. The lobby areas of all other branches are also closed while drive-up service remains open.
As your trusted financial partner, it's important that we remind you of the variety of ways you can access your Veridian accounts while social distancing is required:
- We strongly encourage you to use online banking and our mobile app. Transfer money, pay bills, deposit checks and more with just a few clicks. If you haven't already, register for online banking now. You can also access help with online and mobile banking, including resetting your username or password.
- When possible, use your debit card, credit card or mobile wallet in lieu of cash. The use of digital payments is encouraged, as the World Health Organization notes that the Coronavirus can survive on hard surfaces (like coins) for days.
- To connect with a specific department at Veridian, send us an email.
- If your transaction must take place in person, visit one of our drive-ups or ATMs.
- Essential appointments that require branch lobby access, such as loan closings that cannot be done electronically, access to safe deposit boxes, notary services and signature guarantee, can be scheduled.
- Call or chat into our Member Contact Center for help with other needs.
There are several ways we may be able to help members experiencing financial hardship as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic:
- We're waiving a variety of fees, including those on Delay-a-Pay for eligible members.
- We're deferring loan payments. Complete this form so we can review your options together.
- We've set aside $3 million for Financial Assistance Loans to eligible members*. Financial Assistance Loans are designed to offer a low-interest way for current members (as of March 23, 2020) who are financially impacted by the Coronavirus to manage expenses during loss of income. The first payment isn't due for 90 days.
Information on community-based resources is also available from Iowa/Nebraska 211.
Veridian is following guidelines provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Iowa Department of Public Health and Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services. We've also activated our pandemic response plan, and we're taking a variety of other measures to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus:
- Non-essential events and meetings have been canceled, postponed or adjusted to take place as a virtual meeting.
- Employees who work from a variety of offices as part of their regular schedule have been reassigned to work from a single office.
- To ensure the continuity of services, we're taking steps now to ensure as many employees as possible are equipped to work remotely.
- Branches and offices have received additional cleaning and sanitation supplies. Our staff is sanitizing high-traffic surfaces regularly.
Please be assured that we'll continue to monitor updates on the Coronavirus closely, and our response will adapt promptly to initiate new precautionary measures in all Veridian branches and offices as necessary.
*APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate effective 3/24/20. Rates, terms and conditions subject to change and may vary based on qualifications, including creditworthiness and loan-to-value ratio. All loans subject to membership and approval. See Veridian for details.