ArtShare Scholarship Guidelines
Please read the entire rules and regulations and then click "Continue" at the bottom of the page to complete the online application.
2022 ArtShare Scholarship
The ArtShare Scholarship supports the development of outstanding students who excel in the arts and are pursuing educational programs leading to a career in the arts. This includes but is not limited to art education, art history, ceramics, design, graphic design, jewelry and metal arts, painting and drawing, photography, printmaking and sculpture. Veridian Credit Union will award one $2,000 scholarship.
- The ArtShare Scholarship is open to any high school senior planning to attend an accredited undergraduate or vocational program in the arts.
- Applicants must have an account established in their own name and be a member in good standing at Veridian Credit Union.
- Veridian Credit Union staff, directors and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
Please read carefully. All applications are reviewed prior to judging, and those that do not adhere to the rules are not judged.
- Complete the online scholarship form with artistic achievements, work and volunteer experience.
- Write a 500-word essay describing what you perceive to be your future in the arts. The essay must be your original work, and it must be typed and double-spaced with 12-point font size. Submit your document as a PDF.
All entries must be received at veridiancu.org/scholarship by 11:59 p.m. on April 30, 2022.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges selected from Veridian employees.
- Judges will base their scores for the scholarship essay on originality, clarity, meaningful content, accurate presentation of facts, spelling, neatness and grammar/punctuation. Applicants will also be judged on adherence to scholarship rules.
- Veridian's internal auditor will tabulate the results and will declare the winner. All decisions of the credit union are final. Winner will be announced in June 2022.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Veridian Credit Union and will not be returned.
- Winner must begin studies within one year of graduation or may be required to forfeit the award in the absence of extenuating circumstances.
- Winner must be enrolled as a full-time student at any vocational, trade, 2-year or 4-year college approved for the Guaranteed Student Loan Program.
- Scholarship funds will be forwarded when written verification is received from the college registrar where the student is enrolled. At that time, the winner's check will be made payable to both the winner and the college and mailed to the winner.
- Funds can only be used for tuition, room, board, books and other educational supply expenses.
Authority of Veridian Credit Union
Veridian Credit Union has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the award of the scholarships. Any questions regarding the scholarship and application process can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By clicking "Continue" below, I agree that I have read and accept the requirements of these rules.