Please read the entire rules and regulations and then click "Continue" at the bottom of the page to complete the online application.
2022 Credit Union Scholarship
Veridian offers scholarships to encourage students to increase their financial education. The Veridian Scholarship is open to full-time and part-time students who can demonstrate financial responsibility.
There are three different scholarship programs, and two students in each category will be awarded scholarships of $2,000:
- The Incoming Freshman Scholarship is open to any high school senior who will be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or vocational program in the 2022-23 academic year.
- The Undergraduate Scholarship is for any college student who will continue to be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate or vocational program in the 2022-23 academic year.
- The Technical/Trade Scholarship is for any student who will be enrolled in an accredited technical or trade program in the 2022-23 academic year.
- Entrants must have a Veridian Credit Union account established in their own name and be a member in good standing at Veridian.
- Veridian staff, directors and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
- Complete the official entry form.
- Upload your resume as a PDF or Word Document.
- Upload your essay as a PDF or Word Document.
- Type your name and date after reading the agreement.
- All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Feb. 6, 2022.
All entries must adhere to the rules and requirements denoted in this scholarship application for consideration by judges.
- Entrants are required to write an essay of approximately 500 words on the following topic:
The cost of attending college can be expensive. Creating a budget can help you manage your expenses while in college. Describe how you’ll budget your money and live within your means while in college.
- The essay must be the original work of the entrant. No plagiarizing is allowed.
- The essay must be typed, font size 12, and double-spaced.
Entrants are required to submit a typed, business-style resume. The resume should not exceed two pages in length, and, at a minimum, should contain the following information:
- Entrant's full name
- Phone number
- Educational information
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- ACT/SAT scores, if available
- Honors and awards
- Extracurricular activities (school and/or community activities)
- Work experience
- An objective regarding educational or career goals for the future
- Entrants also should submit any past college education, major or degree, and overall grade point average
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges selected from Veridian employees.
- Each judge will award a maximum of 60 points to the essay and a maximum of 40 points to the resume. Essay scores will be based on originality, clarity, meaningful content, accurate presentation of facts, spelling, neatness and grammar/punctuation. The resume will be scored on presentation, school and community involvement and potential of the student to be successful in secondary education. Entries will also be scored on adherence to contest rules.
- Results will be reviewed by Veridian’s Internal Auditor to declare the winners. All decisions of the credit union are final. Winners will be announced in May 2022.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Veridian and will not be returned to the applicant.
- Recipients must begin studies during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Recipients must be enrolled as a part-time or full-time student at an accredited college in a 2-year, 4-year or trade/technical program.
- Scholarship recipients will receive funding after written verification is received from the college registrar where the student is enrolled. The check will be mailed to the student and made payable to both the student and the college.
- Funds can be used for tuition, room and board, and book and educational supply expenses.
Authority of Veridian Credit Union
Veridian Credit Union has the ultimate authority to amend any of the above rules to ensure fairness in the award of the scholarships. Any questions regarding the scholarship and application process can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. Feb. 6, 2022.
By clicking "Continue" below, I agree that I have read and accept the requirements of these rules.