Veridian Credit Union’s “Spark the Spirit Giving Campaign” Official Rules
The terms and conditions regarding the voting and any other component of the Veridian Credit Union (“Veridian”) “Spark the Spirit Giving Campaign” (“Campaign”) are subject to change at any time at the sole discretion of Veridian. Void where prohibited.
- Eligibility to Vote. Voting is open to everyone. No purchase, payment, or donation of any kind is required to participate and will not increase the likelihood of your vote being selected. Your vote in connection or any other participation with this Campaign constitutes your full and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Voting Period. Voting will commence on Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. and end on Sunday, December 1, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. Central Time. The voting period is subject to change without prior written consent and at the sole discretion of Veridian.
- How to Vote. Individuals may vote by visiting www.veridiancu.org/sparkthespirit during the voting period. The voter will select a region and then pick from a list of the nonprofit organizations previously nominated by Veridian’s staff. The voter will follow the on-screen instructions to submit one vote for the organization of their choice. Voters are required to provide a current valid email address. Limit of one vote per person per day.
- Determining the Winner. The top three organizations from each region that receive the most votes will be selected as the recipients of the donation from Veridian. In the event of a tie, the winners will be selected in a manner determined by Veridian, at Veridian’s sole discretion. Veridian’s selection shall be final and binding. The winning organizations will be notified of the voting outcome on December 2, 2019
- Donation. A total of twelve (12) organizations will be selected and given the donation, based on the number of votes they receive. Donations will be awarded to the winners of each region as follows: first place, $5,000; second place, $2,500; and third place, $1,000. The total amount that Veridian will donate over the course of the Campaign is $34,000. The amount or value of a donation may be subject to taxes, fees, or other charges. Any organization receiving a donation is solely responsible for any taxes, fees, or other charges, and is advised to seek the services of a tax specialist
- Participant Obligations. Each person or entity that votes for an organization, or otherwise participates in the Campaign agrees to defend, indemnify, release, and hold harmless Veridian from and against any and all losses, demands, damages, rights, claims, injuries, actions, and liabilities of any kind arising out of or related to such person’s or entity’s vote or participation in the Campaign. Any disputes that may arise hereunder shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to the conflicts of laws principles of any jurisdiction. Venue with respect to any such disputes shall be had in the state and federal courts of the State of Iowa.
Veridian’s failure to enforce any term of these rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Any person or entity that votes for an organization, or otherwise participates in the Campaign, agrees to waive the right to claim any additional damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, incidental, or indirect damages.
- General Rules. By voting or otherwise participating in the Campaign, participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and by the decisions of Veridian, which are final and binding in all respects. Veridian is not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information or technical failures of any kind, (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the voting process; or (3) any other computer, network, technical, human or other error, problem, or malfunction that may occur in connection with the administration of the Campaign, the processing of voting, or otherwise. Veridian also reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify the vote of any individual or entity found to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with any part of the process; (b) using any robotic, macro, automatic, programmed, or like entry methods, which will void all such entries; or (c) violating these terms and conditions. Veridian makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied.
- Sponsor. The sponsor of this Donation is Veridian Credit Union, 1827 Ansborough Avenue, Waterloo, Iowa 50701.