Grants from Veridian include:
An organization is providing “financial literacy” when adults and children gain the knowledge, skills and ability to successfully manage their finances. When positive decisions are practiced, the adult or child’s overall well-being improves.
- Persons with disabilities
- Persons of modest means, low income
- Persons of a minority group (African American, Asian, Bosnian, Latino and Native American)
An “inclusive” organization has activities that support the participation and interaction of underrepresented groups and members of the broader community.
- Address unforeseen, emergency (ex. Burglary, natural disaster, etc.)
- Respond or provide solutions to urgent issues, which have immediate or time-sensitive deadlines
Organizations may only receive one Rapid Response Grant per year. Grants up to $500 are awarded.
Only organizations which have submitted a Letter of Intent for Veridian Credit Union Fund's 2013 funding process and been approved (regardless of the status of any subsequent Financial Literacy or Inclusive Community Grant proposal) are eligible for Rapid Response Grants. Apply for a Rapid Response Grant.
|Process opens||April 1|
|Letters of Intent due||June 1|
|Letter of Intent decision notifications||August|
|Grant Applications due||October 1|
|Grant decision notifications||December|