Waterloo, Iowa: Veridian Credit Union has announced its 2014 scholarship recipients. A total of $4,500 will be distributed among five Iowa college students for the 2014-2015 academic year. The five scholarships are awarded in four categories:
- In the Incoming Freshmen category:
- Benjamin Bullerman of Waterloo will receive $1,000.
- Patrick Fiedler of Ankeny will receive $500.
- In the Undergraduate category, Samantha Gaffney of Cedar Falls will receive $1,000.
- In the Graduate category, Angela Wagner of Marion will receive $1,000.
- In the ArtShare category, Maggie O'Connor of Waterloo will receive $1,000.
"Veridian's scholarship program is an investment in our community and our shared future," said Angela Weekley, Veridian's Community Inclusion Manager. "Our mission is to partner with our members to create successful financial futures, and scholarships are one way to accomplish that." Details on Veridian's scholarship program, including essays written by the 2014 recipients, are available at veridiancu.org.
About Veridian Credit Union
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of consumer financial services and employs more than 600 Iowans throughout 26 branches. For more information, visit www.veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.