Waterloo, Iowa: Veridian Credit Union's Norah Carroll has been selected for the Iowa Credit Union League's 2014 Iowa Innovation Group. Carroll and 15 other credit union leaders from across Iowa will serve a six-month term building and piloting new ideas to benefit credit unions and their members.
The Iowa Innovation Group was launched in 2013 by the Iowa Credit Union League and Filene Research Institute to help create a steady flow of financial services innovations that help Iowans. This year, participants will unveil their ideas at the 2014 Iowa Credit Union Annual Convention.
"Norah's passionate about the differences that credit unions can make for their members, and she's a source of innovative thinking here at Veridian," said Paul Farmer, Veridian's Director of Innovation. "She's a great fit for the program, and we're excited for the solutions that will come out of this group." Farmer was a member of the 2013 Iowa Innovation Group.
The Iowa Credit Union League received applications from a wide range of credit union executives throughout Iowa, and 16 candidates were selected. The complete list of 2014 Iowa Innovation Group participants includes:
Visit IowaInnovationGroup.com for more information.
- Andrew Fogle, EdCo Community Credit Union
- Chris Neal, First Federal Credit Union
- Danielle Pace, North Iowa Community Credit Union
- Emily Kress, Alliant Credit Union
- Hayley Heims, North Star Community Credit Union
- Jamie Knight, Greater Iowa Credit Union
- Jeena Lynch, Cedar Falls Community Credit Union
- Katie Averill, Citizens Community Credit Union
- Lisamarie Odeen, North Iowa Community Credit Union
- Nelson Weber, Collins Community Credit Union
- Norah Carroll, Veridian Credit Union
- Randy Schmerbach, IntegrUS Credit Union
- RJ Montes, Dupaco Credit Union
- Ryan Morrison, Community 1st Credit Union
- Scott Wilson, University of Iowa Community Credit Union
- Travis DeRidder, First Class Credit Union
About Veridian Credit Union
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of consumer financial services and employs more than 600 Iowans throughout 26 branches. For more information, visit www.veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.
About the Iowa Credit Union League
The Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) is the trade association that represents the interests of Iowa credit unions and their more than one million members. Credit unions are not-for-profit, financial cooperatives owned and operated by their members. Iowans use their credit union membership to receive higher interest rates on savings and lower interest rates on loans. For more information on ICUL and Iowa credit unions, visit IowaCreditUnions.com. Follow ICUL on Twitter at twitter.com/icul or on Facebook at acebook.com/iowacreditunions. To learn more about credit unions, visit ASmarterChoice.org.
Filene Research Institute is an independent, consumer finance think and do tank dedicated to scientific and thoughtful analysis about issues affecting the future of credit unions, retail banking and cooperative finance. Founded 25 years ago, Filene is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Nearly 1,000 members make the nonprofit's research, innovation and impact programs possible.