10 Tips to Protect Yourself From Fraud
At Veridian, your security is a top priority. Don't become a fraud statistic. Use these 10 security tips to protect yourself from fraud when using your Veridian Visa Credit or Debit Card.
- Memorize your PIN. If you must write your PIN somewhere, keep it in a secure place away from your card. Do not keep you PIN in your purse or wallet. Never write your PIN on your card.
- Be smart about phishing. Never give your PIN or sensitive account information to anyone. Veridian will NEVER ask you for your account number, card number, or PIN. If you get a call or email requesting this information, contact Veridian as soon as possible to report the possible fraud.
- Know who you are talking to. Never give unsolicited callers personal information and account numbers over the phone. Do not give out personal information over the phone unless you initiated the call.
- Report lost or stolen cards immediately. You can greatly reduce the chance of fraud by contacting Veridian as soon as you realize your card is missing.
- Photocopy your card or record the information and store it in a safe place. Be sure to include the phone number to report the card if it is lost or stolen.
- Pay close attention to your Visa statement for unauthorized or fraudulent transactions.
- Make sure your transaction is complete and you have received a receipt before leaving a merchant location.
- Report any suspicious devices attached to ATMs.
- Use Post Office mailboxes or the local Post Office for mail containing sensitive information rather than leaving it in a home mailbox for pickup.
- Tear or shred receipts, bills, or account statements before throwing them away. Especially pre-screened credit offers that could be used to submit false applications or obtain sensitive information. To opt out of pre-screened credit card offers, call (888) 5-OPT OUT (567-8688).