Please read the entire rules and regulations, click "I read and accept the requirements of these rules," and then click "continue" at the bottom of the page to complete the online application.
The ArtShare Scholarship supports the development of outstanding high school students who excel in the arts and who plan to pursue educational programs leading to a career in the arts. This includes, but is not limited to, Art Education, Art History, Ceramics, Design, Jewelry and Metal Arts, Painting and Drawing, Photography, Printmaking, and Sculpture. Veridian Credit Union will award one $1,000 scholarship.
- The ArtShare Scholarship is open to any high school student classified as a senior, with a projected graduation date of 2015 and planning to attend an accredited undergraduate or vocational program.
- Applicants must have an account established in their own name and be a member in good standing at Veridian Credit Union.
- Veridian Credit Union staff and Directors and their immediate relatives are not eligible.
- Write an essay of approximately 500 words on the following topic:
Name a person that has inspired you as an artist and explain why.
- The essay must be typed or computer printed, double-spaced on white 8 ½ x 11-inch paper. The essay must be your original work. Submit your document as a pdf document.
- Write a one-page essay describing what you perceive to be your future in the arts.
- The essay must be typed or computer printed, double-spaced on white 8 ½ x 11-inch paper. Submit your document as a pdf document.
- Judging will be conducted by a panel of judges selected from Veridian Credit Union employees.
- Judges will base their scores for the scholarship essay on originality, clarity, meaningful content, an accurate presentation of facts, spelling, neatness and grammar/punctuation. Applicants will also be judged on adherence to scholarship rules.
- All entries must be received by March 31, 2015. Enter online at www.veridiancu.org.
- Veridian's Internal Auditor will tabulate the results and will declare the winner. All decisions of the credit union are final. Winner will be announced in July 2015.
- All scholarship entries become the exclusive property of Veridian Credit Union and will not be returned.
- Winner must begin studies within one year of graduation or may be required to forfeit the award in the absence of extenuating circumstances.
- Winner must be enrolled as a full-time student at any vocational, trade, 2-year or 4-year college approved for the Guaranteed Student Loan Program.
- Scholarship funds will be forwarded when written verification is received from the college registrar where the student is enrolled. At that time, the winner's check will be made payable to both the winner and the college and mailed to the winner.
- Funds are to be used only for tuition, room and board, and book and educational supply expenses.